Thursday, May 31, 2012

It is ON!!

Ok.   Whether you responded to this in Facebook or on blogger, I am assuming you are in. I think we should start this Saturday. That will give us 7 other Saturdays until we go to Redfish. I've been doing some research and will try and post some Water-skiing prep workouts or other tips etc as we go. I don't really care if you put in $ or not. I'm going to find something awesome for the winner (I'm thinking a new neoprene lifejacket... any other suggestions?).  If you don't have blogger you can always message me your % in facebook or email (ludlow.rachel@gmail.com) and I will put them up for you.   Remember we are going off %  of lbs lost. You don't have to have a nice scale, just the same scale week to week. It helps to do the same day and time for weigh in (same clothes/naked if you can as well) but this doesn't always happen.

To calculate your %, take weight at beginning of week 1 (lbs1) and subtract your weight at the beginning of week 2 (lbs2). Take the difference (diff) and divide by the first week's weight (lbs1). Mathmatically it should look like this:
 lbs1-lsb2=diff, 
 diff / lbs1= % lost! 

 And feel free to post whatever works, we all know Jen will be on the Watermellon Fat Flush, Mommer will be eating away the pounds of carrots, and I like to down squash and zuchinni... but find what works for you and post some!! Love you all!

PRE-WEEK CHALLENGE:

FOOD DIARY. Most people have little to no idea of how much (or little) they are eating. Even if you don't keep track of calories or any nutritional information, try keeping a food journal for a week. You will be suprised how much knowing you will have to write it down will keep you from eating!

10 comments:

Emily said...

I am still thinking about this challenge! I know I should do it...I'll let you know! :)

Rachel B said...

EM... you are in girl. Whether you really respond or not I'm putting you in the mix!!! I don't care if you put in money, or if you really try, but I hope you know we will be thinking about you (both). And seriously you don't have much to loose, I've seen pics! BUT, it is kind of fun to compete. AND my mom suggested we just give the winner cash, which will be about $50 bones or so to play with!!!

Jess said...

Ok family I am all in since i need to loose a ton!!! wow what babies to the body! Anyway on week one i am down 1.4%!! Had to post on friday instead of saturday since i won't have any internet tommorow!

Emily said...

Oh man, I've never done anything like this before! Alright, count me in then! Eeek! PS-I'll put money in.

Kim said...

1.81% down today... but I weighed myself BEFORE I downed an entire Cafe Rio salad :) Still, I'm counting it!

Rachel B said...

Deliemma... I don't have a scale yet. And the wii said I lost 6% because we have to put it on carpet here in our new apt. I'll get an accurate reading and post on Monday!

Emily said...

I don't have a scale either. I'll have to post mon. as well.

Emily said...

So...this is a little embarrassing, but I am exactly the same. Maybe next week. :)

Rachel B said...

.. Ok so I lost .4%. Yes that is accurate, not .04 times 100, but literally .004. Needless to say commuting is NOT helping my stats. I'll have to work harder this week!

Kim said...

Week 2: I'm down 1.48%. I'm already envisioning the Redfish sweatshirt I'll be purchasing with my winnings ;) (haha... the benefit of weighing in first = excessive confidence)